Commercial IP Counsel
In House Counsel - Global Brand
Up to £70,000 basic plus benefits
The In House Counsel position has arisen due to the company’s exceptional growth over recent years and has been devised to support the Deputy Legal Directors and provide legal advice to the UK and Rest of the World businesses. Reporting directly to the Global Head of Legal
An Established and Growing Global Brand, instantly recognised for its market leading success in high end luxury, innovation and values. The company operates in 11 countries, including the UK, China and Europe. Each country office operates its own legal function, which in turn reports into the Group Legal team headquartered in Oxfordshire (commutable from Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire and South of Birmingham). With year on year business growth, the company prides itself on its constant innovation and global reputation.
Responsibilities of your new role
- Assisting with the drafting, negotiation and implementation of the corporate and IP strategy
- Dealing with contentious IP issues,potential breaches of licences and know-how and services agreements
- Liaising with Innovation department regarding new products and trade marks
- Management and enforcement of the IP portfolio for the client’s flagship brands
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements including;
- Marketing, sales and supply & distribution agreements
- E-commerce and sponsorship agreements
- Data Protection and advertising matters concerning global sales promotions
- Conducting due diligence on legal matters within jurisdictions outside the UK
- Handling with corporate governance and corporate management agreements
- Work closely with the company's Board of Directors, Sales, Innovation and Operations departments.
The In House Counsel role is ideally suited for a commercially astute mid-level UK qualified lawyer with prior in-house experience (Secondment or otherwise). Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential as well as a good ability to manage competing deadline.
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly skilled in house team that is part of an established global enterprise. The General Counsel role offers the successful applicant quality work for future career progression and a highly competitive remuneration.
For further information for this in house Counsel role, please contact Natalie Thomas at TAP Search on 02071275274 or alternatively apply now with your CV below.