Legal Counsel - Structured Products (In-House)
Due to increasing workload a new opportunity has arisen for an mid-senior level finance lawyer to join the busy Derivatives and Securities Issuance team of a highly regarded investment bank on an initial 12 month contract basis. This role is based out of the central London office with potential to extend or go permanent for the right candidate.
The team sits works closely with the Global Markets and Treasury divisions who provide all the transactions that requirement management. These include vanilla fixed/floating rate products, interest rate, equity, FX, fund, commodity or credit linked returns.
Reporting to the divisional Head of Legal you will be responsible for:
- providing legal structuring advice for new, bespoke products
- working closely with the structuring and sales teams, participating in business approval committees
- monitoring and assessing legal risk
- advising on regulatory developments affecting securities, distribution and issuance vehicles including MiFID II, BMR, PD/PR
- coordinating on-going jurisdictional due diligence for securities sales and distribution
- preparing programme securities issuance documentation including Notes, Warrants and Certificates
To be considered for this role you will be 3+ years PQE, preferably trained in a reputable firm with relevant previous experience in a similar role. You will be able to demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge coupled with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment requiring strong attention to detail and communication skills.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.