Investment Funds Lawyer
Is there a different way to practice law? We certainly think so.
Established 19 years ago, Axiom is the world’s leading alternative legal services provider. With over 2,000 employees in 16 locations, including a decade long presence in London, we provide legal services to the world’s best-known corporate and financial services institutions. Our lawyers are commercially astute specialists in their field who enjoy a rare combination of high quality work and the unprecedented ability to choose the clients for whom they want to work.
Why join Axiom?
- We offer unparalleled access to top-tier, in-house legal teams, and the opportunity to become an integral part of their in-house legal function, working on a broad range of interesting and challenging assignments.
- We enable you to retain control over your career path, with the flexibility to take time off between engagements while retaining your employee benefits.
- We provide bespoke career guidance and support, plus access to resources to enhance your professional and personal development.This includes free access to a series of executive management training courses centred around the business of law and focused on providing you with genuine in-house business skills.
- You are matched with appropriate opportunities by our dedicated Lawyer Engagement Team, who will talk you through specific client instructions on a case-by-case basis. Their goal is to find you engagements which most closely match your skill set and stated career objectives.
- As an employee of Axiom, you are entitled to a suite of benefits, including a company pension, paid time off and private healthcare.
What makes an Axiom lawyer?
- Good academic credentials and post-qualification experience.
- In-house legal experience is preferred (directly, or as a secondee) but is not essential.
- Strong commercial understanding, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to provide excellent client service and an ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- The ability to adapt to new situations and work environments, and a thirst for new challenges.
- You must have the right to work and be eligible to practice as a lawyer in the UK.
Read our FAQs to learn more about what it’s like to be an Axiom lawyer.
What are we looking for?
We are actively recruiting for qualified Investment Funds lawyers at all PQE levels.
- Advising on upcoming regulatory changes such as UCITS V, MIFID II and Solvency II as well as ongoing advice on UCITS, AIFMD, FATCA, MiFID II and the FCA Handbook: COLL, FUND etc.
- Drafting and reviewing the full range of funds documentation including; Trust deeds, Instruments of Incorporation, Prospectuses, KIIDs, Investor Notifications and Marketing Documents, Investment Management Agreements, Subscription Agreements, Memorandum, Articles of Association, Verification Notes, Discretionary Investment Management, Distribution and Platform Agreements, Service Provider Agreements.
- Participating in the product development (set up, launch, mergers, transfers in specie and liquidation of undertakings for collective investment) and distribution of financial products.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster.
Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.