Axiom Lawyer (Australian/New Zealand Qualified)
Are you an Australian- or New Zealand-qualified lawyer? Looking to make move to London? Interested in in-house opportunities with a top investment bank or household-name company? Then look no further than Axiom.
Established 19 years ago, Axiom is the world’s leading alternative legal services provider. With over 2,000 employees in 16 locations, including a decade-long presence in London, we provide legal services to the world’s best-known corporate and financial services institutions. Our lawyers are commercially astute specialists from all over the world – including Australia and New Zealand - who enjoy a rare combination of high-quality work and the unprecedented ability to choose the clients for whom they want to work.
We particularly welcome applications from lawyers with a minimum of 2 years’ experience at a leading firm in Australia or New Zealand looking to secure their first in-house role in the UK.*
Why join Axiom?
- You will get access to top-tier, in-house legal teams, and the opportunity to become an integral part of their in-house legal function, working on a broad range of interesting and challenging assignments.
- Retain control over your career path, with the flexibility to take time off between engagements while retaining your employee benefits.
- Bespoke career guidance and support, plus access to resources to enhance your professional and personal development. This includes free access to a series of executive management training courses centred around the business of law and focused on providing you with genuine in-house business skills.
- Dedicated Lawyer Engagement Team, who will talk you through specific client instructions on a case-by-case basis. Their goal is to find you engagements which most closely match your skill set and stated career objectives.
- Access to a full suite of employee benefits, including a company pension, paid time off and private ealthcare.
What makes an Axiom lawyer?
- Good academic credentials and post-qualification experience.
- In-house legal experience is preferred (directly, or as a secondee) but is not essential.
- Strong commercial understanding, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to provide excellent client service and an ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- The ability to adapt to new situations and work environments, and a thirst for new challenges.
- You must be willing to relocate to the UK or already planning to do so, and have the right to work in the UK.
Read our FAQs to learn more about what it’s like to be an Axiom lawyer.
What are Axiom’s key practice areas?
We are actively recruiting for qualified lawyers at all PQE levels in the following core areas:
- Banking & Finance
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Data Privacy
- Commercial Contracts
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster.
Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
*While welcome applications from overseas-qualified lawyers, we unable to provide visa sponsorship or relocation assistance.