Associate/Senior Associate, Non-Contentious Construction
Our award-winning construction practice is, justifiably, one of the leaders in the construction legal field.
Our national offering is a 'life span' service for all construction/engineering related matters, from initial structuring, procurement advice, setting up contracts, appointments, joint ventures and development agreements with backup specialists in employment, energy, property and tax. We are integrated with our colleagues in real estate, housing and regeneration, tax and planning to ensure nothing is missed. The team combines legal excellence, commercial acumen and an impressive track record together with a deep understanding of the construction industry. A number of our team are ranked as experts and leading practitioners in their field by Chambers UK and Legal 500.
You'll form part of a strong team of 40 fee earners and will be supported in keeping ahead of the latest industry trends and developments to best deliver for our clients
Our construction team is one of the largest construction teams in the country. We advise on some of the largest private development, regeneration and mixed use schemes in the country with all the complexities that that brings and have a broad range of clients. We act for private and public sector developers, institutional investors, in the education sector, for institutional investors and contractors. Unlike most construction practices we self generate the majority of our work as well as supporting our real estate, banking and corporate practices.
- Advising clients including local and central government departments, developers, employers, contractors, housing associations, subcontractors and consultants operating in the commercial / private and public sectors.
- Advising on construction and procurement strategies risk management, tendering, contract formation, and all aspects of development through design and construction.
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Active participation in marketing initiatives.
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures.
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions.
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies we expect of those at the Associate and Senior Associate grade. In particular for this role we require:
- Excellent technical skills,
- Strong client focus,
- Drive and enthusiasm,
- Commercial awareness,
Experience and qualifications required:
- Excellent academic record.
- Qualified solicitor with likely at least 3 years post qualification experience.
Projects and Construction, Partner
April 2019 © Trowers & Hamlins
For more information please contact
t +44 (0)207 423 8000
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer