Regional Counsel for Houston or Singapore
Are you ambitious and powered by big challenges? We are looking for a Regional Counsel to support our drilling business and work closely with the entire Maersk Drilling organization. You will be based in either Houston or Singapore and participate in challenging international legal work with exposure to senior management within Maersk Drilling. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic and growing company, where you will get close to the business and have the opportunity to make a real impact.
In Maersk Drilling the Legal department supports all aspects of the business and as Regional Counsel, you will work closely with the business to achieve our ambitious goals.
You will be offered a rare opportunity to gain insight in a truly international business and participate in challenging, international legal work with many different stakeholders and direct exposure to senior management within Maersk Drilling.
Maersk Drilling has just been listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen and has its corporate head office in Lyngby, Denmark. The Legal department consists of 20 professional colleagues and as Regional Counsel you will functionally become part of the contracts team who supports company activities from the head office.
We envisage that you will spend the first 6-12 months of your employment at our head office in Lyngby to familiarize yourself with our business before you relocate to either Houston or Singapore (local terms and conditions will apply).
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing 65 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
You will be responsible for providing first class legal support to the Maersk Drilling business unit.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts relating to all Maersk Drilling’s activities, including drilling contracts with major international oil companies and contracts with partners and sub-contractors
- Setting up corporate structures in new areas of operation and advising on day-to-day matters in often challenging countries
- Working closely with major international law firms
- Advising on and handling legal disputes arising in Maersk Drilling
- Explaining complex legal concepts to stakeholders in other departments within Maersk Drilling
- Understanding and communicating liability and risk profiles across the asset portfolio
Who we are looking for
You have knowledge of and at least 5+ years’ experience from either a law firm or an international organization.
You have broad experience with contract law and international contracts. Preferably you also have knowledge of English law as the majority of our contracts are governed by English law. It is furthermore an advantage if you have knowledge of company and maritime law and experience with the offshore industry.
As a person you are:
- A high performer that thrives in a challenging and often unpredictable business environment
- A skilled negotiator
- Analytical and good at focusing on what is important even when faced with complex issues
- Able to handle and prioritize many tasks at the same time
- Very commercially minded
- Team oriented
- Self-driven and willing to take individual responsibility for your responsibilities
- Able to speak, read and write English fluently
- Willing to travel 30-60 days a year
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and we will close the ad once we have hired our new member. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Only applications submitted via the "Apply for position" button on the job ad will be reviewed. Applications submitted to the contact below will not be reviewed or forwarded.
For further information, please contact: Associate General Counsel Peter Burhoj at email@example.com or +45 6336 3196.