Locum Employment Lawyer
This local authority legal team in East Anglia has an exciting opportunity for a knowledgeable Employment Lawyer to join their dynamic team. This interim position is well suited to an individual that is looking to work as part of a large legal services department but handle high profile and demanding cases autonomously
You will be responsible for giving expert legal advice on all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious, to your team as well as internal departments and outside bodies
Duties will include:
- Managing a busy caseload of varied and complex employment law cases
- Providing legal advice on non-contentious and contentious employment law matters
- Reviewing claims made against the council and external clients on their merits
- Drafting pleadings and witness statements
- Negotiating settlements and drafting compromise agreements
- Advising on whistle blowing, TUPE, unfair dismissal, redundancy and discrimination complaint
To be successful in this post you will need:
- A legal qualification as a Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive (Fellow)
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in employment law
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with senior managers quickly
- Experience working in the public sector or on behalf of public sector clients
- Employment Tribunal and Appeal experience
This locum assignment will last a minimum of three months and is expected to be worked on a full time basis. Homeworking may be possible after an initial period
The hourly rate offered will be between £30 and £40 per hour on a PAYE or Umbrella Company basis.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or to arrange a time for a confidential discussion.
We look forward to your application.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.