Sole Legal Counsel - Leeds - 4 years PQE+
Sole Legal Counsel - Leeds
Our client is a very successful, private equity backed Leeds-based company looking to appoint its first Legal Counsel. The success of the company is led by its use of technology driven products but this is not the main focus of the business, nor this role.
Working closely with the Finance Director and the Head of Business Support and, on a broader level, Sales, Business Support and Supply Chain to deliver outstanding legal and compliance advice, the successful applicant will have the responsibility to:
- Lead the provision of legal advice across the company
- Negotiate, draft and review all contracts and tender submissions
- Support the supply chain team in standardising, negotiating and drafting supplier agreements
- Track the status of all client contracts, including new agreements, renewals and amendments
- Balance client requirements and appetite for growth whilst minimising risk exposure
- Have ownership of template terms and conditions ensuring that they are maintained and updated in accordance with any business or legal requirements
- Manage claims and disputes and reviewing and advising on insurance arrangements
- Advising on debt collection and recovery, where necessary
Liaise with external legal firms for expert or technical advice as required to support commercial needs.
- Potentially take over Company Secretary duties
This role is the perfect next step for an in-house lawyer in a team looking to take on more responsibility or a private practice lawyer looking for their first in-house move but not wanting to join another large team. The role would suit someone with at least 4 years PQE behind him/her.
Part-time and homeworking flexibility is available for the right candidate.
Please contact Terry Cape on 07979494938 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion about this sole legal counsel role.
Please note that CapeClarke advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the level of experience required for the role and this does not prohibit applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate the necessary skills and experience. We will aim to respond to your enquiry as soon as possible but CapeClarke does receive a high number of applications and if we have not contacted you within 5 days, your application has not met the requirements of our client.
Apply for Sole Legal Counsel - Leeds - 4 years PQE+
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly