Legal Counsel, Securities Issuance Team– Leading European Investment Bank, Hong Kong
Legal Counsel, Securities Issuance Group – Leading European Investment Bank, Hong Kong
Our client, a leading European investment bank, is looking for a structured products/capital markets lawyer to join their small Hong Kong based team.
- Drafting documentation for non-syndicated drawdowns under the MTN, and Note, Warrant and Certificate businesses where the bank acts as a dealer and/or calculation agent.
- Review and/or preparation of final terms documents, calculation agency agreements and dealer accession and confirmation letters.
- Original drafting, including liaising with stock exchanges, internal/external lawyers where necessary, and involvement in the development of templates for these and new structures as they evolve.
- Liaising with the MTN Desk, traders, marketers, agents and operational departments to ensure successful closure of each issue, particularly in respect of new products or non-standard procedures.
- Review of programme documents.
- Liaising closely with structuring teams to assist with issues surrounding the Prospectus Directive, public offers, local regulations and laws in Europe and Asia to ensure the bank’s legal risk is monitored.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1 – 5 years’ PQE
- Experience working with MTN, note, warrant and certificate programmes, including some derivatives experience, will be essential.