This is your chance to join an award-winning construction practice which is considered one of the leaders in the construction legal field. If you're a qualified solicitor in Birmingham who is equally comfortable acting on landmark national infrastructure projects or niche social housing developments then this could be your next career step. The firm has a national offering for all construction/engineering related matters and the team combines legal excellence, commercial acumen and an impressive track record together with a deep understanding of the construction industry.
You'll be joining a strong team who carry out interesting work from initial structuring, procurement advice, setting up contracts, appointments, joint ventures and development agreements with backup specialists in employment, energy, property and tax.
- Advising clients including UK and international developers, investors, local, central government departments, employers, housing associations, subcontractors and consultants operating in public and private sector;
- Advising on construction and procurement strategies (including EU procurement work), risk management, procurement and tendering and contract formation;
- Asset management;
- Advising on all aspects of development through design and consultation;
- Advising major contractors, architects and other consultants on their role in various projects including PFI/PPP projects;
- Providing construction due diligence support to the real estate, corporate and banking teams on acquisitions and disposals;
- Advising on development transactions providing input on professional appointments, building contracts, development agreements and related construction documents;
- Advising on public procurement processes for a wide variety of works such as schools programmes, public buildings and a diverse range of public services
- Providing support in the closing of PFI and PPP projects including building contracts, professional appointments and facilities management agreements
- Building and maintaining effective client relationships
- Active participation in marketing initiative
- Participating in firm-wide and departmental training sessions
- Training and development of junior legal staff and admin support/PA (where appropriate)
- Excellent technical skills and innovative approach to their application;
- Proven ability to take on responsibility, manage and progress matters independently where appropriate;
- Strong client focus and service delivery;
- Drive and enthusiasm;
- Commercial awareness;
- Aptitude for business development;
- Substantial client management experience;
- Proven track record in origination/business development
- Methodical, disciplined and organised approach.
- Solid academic record;
- Qualified Solicitor with relevant level of post-qualification experience in non-contentious construction
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If you are starting your job search and your CV isn't quite ready or indeed if this job isn't quite right for you, please contact Louis Rosenthal on 0161 214 6116 for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can view more opportunities on the Interlink website. Please note, our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.