Are you a paralegal looking to gain some experience in a global business in the West Midlands where you will have a varied and interesting role in a supportive environment? Commutable from Birmingham and the West Midlands, Solihull, Coventry, Warwickshire and Leicester areas.
Arbuthnot Yon are working with a global business which has a large legal team based in the UK. A new position has been created for a paralegal to join the legal team and undertake a varied role that will see you working closely with experienced lawyers and undertaking a varied role with the following responsibilities:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts such as NDA and supply agreements.
- Assisting with employment litigation including working closely with external counsel.
- Advising on general litigation and contractual disputes.
- Managing stakeholders, co-ordinating legal reporting and working collaboratively within a wider team or department.
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant legal industry standards, news and updates.
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic paralegal to join a blue chip business and get some excellent experience. The ideal candidates will have the following experience, qualities and qualification:
- Educated to degree level with minimum of 2:1 (LPC or BPTC is desirable).
- 6 months+ experience as a paralegal, within either an in-house or private practice environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills with an enthusiastic and proactive approach to their work.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn.
- Strong commercial understanding and the ability to adapt to new situations and work environments.
- High level of professionalism.
- A high level of proficiency in MS Word and Outlook.
A temporary role will be offered initially with a view to a permanent role being offered in approximately a 3 month period. We are therefore keen to hear from paralegals who are available at short notice.
For further information please send your cv to Victoria Moore at Abruthnot Yon firstname.lastname@example.org or 07971666134.