In the region of £75,000 plus car allowance, & generous bonus potential
Excellent benefits including performance related bonus and private medical insurance.
The In-House corporate legal department has an opportunity for an established Commercial Solicitor to join the team.
The legal team in Gatwick is small and well established. There would be an opportunity for the right candidate to create a career path which may eventually lead to General Counsel.
Do you have the skills and experience we are looking for?
Are you interested in Data protection / GDPR?
Are you interested in a career with Gatwick Airport Limited?
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you!
Key responsibilities and experience required
- To support the provision of legal services to all corporate functions primarily by providing timely and commercially relevant legal advice in relation to a variety of contractual and statutory issues.
- To review, draft and support or lead (depending on complexity) in the negotiation of contracts and issues arising from the airport's operation and management especially opex procurement, IT and general Commercial contracts. The breadth of work is qualitative and varied. You'll be given support and autonomy to: draft and negotiate a range of commercial contracts; complete NDAs; provide commercially focused legal advice;
- To assist in creating and maintaining awareness of processes and procedures relating to compliance matters particularly GDPR and IT Security. Ideally the successful lawyer will have experience of drafting privacy notices, website policies, internal corporate policies as well as advisory work on the practical implications of DP legislation - including GDPR.
- To train and coach the business on key legal requirements; assist in the management of business and legal risk; and generally support on a wide variety of legal matters
- To instruct, assist and manage external sources of legal advice where necessary.
- To liaise with and influence managers and other personnel regarding contractual positions, commercial strategy and approach to legal matters.
Qualified solicitor admitted in England and Wales. Ideally 4-8 years PQE ( we would consider less or more for the right candidate) as a commercial lawyer currently working in a well-regarded law firm or in-house organisation. Corporate lawyers looking to diversify into commercial lawyers will also be considered.
Gatwick Airport is a dynamic and exciting environment. This is a great opportunity to become part of a team of legal professionals who share the passion of making Gatwick Airport a great place to work. We love what we do and would love you to join us.