Senior IT Legal Counsel • IT Multinational • West London (flexible)
In House Senior Legal Counsel IT
Top Multinational Technology Company
West London (can work from home most of the week if commute is too long) or France or Spain
Our client is a sought after multinational technology employer with a busy 90-strong global legal team employing 150 different nationalities operating in literally every country in the world.
Due to the continuous business growth and internal promotions this multinational industry-leading services, data processing and software development organisation is looking to hire a talented lawyer for their global team to be based in West London or in the location in Europe above.
This is an excellent chance to join a highly regarded legal team that is central to a dynamic, fast moving global technology business in an exciting and varied commercial legal role, supporting the business on a broad range of technology legal matters.
Here is more info for you to consider.
People & Culture
This industry leader has managed to create a supportive and collaborative corporate culture that helps people thrive. The quality of people is outstanding as the organisation is very selective and has a strong focus around integrity and respect for the individual.
You will work with some of the brightest legal professionals in the sector 90% of whom come from top international law firms including Magic Circle. There is great camaraderie, people are friendly and helpful. The team like each other and there is a very low level of politics.
The legal team mirrors the business structure. It is split along both divisional, regional and functional lines, with a core focus on corporate and tax, regulatory, IP and IT, contractual and legal issues. The team has broad international capabilities and handles most issues internally, using outside counsel for niche local issues and very specific technical needs.
The company’s global presence and continued growth enable employees to pursue exciting career- and / or skill-enhancing opportunities. International mobility is welcomed. About 250 employees every year take permanent positions in a country different from their country of hire. Over 100 employees yearly take temporary internal assignments, e.g. in the US and Asia. There is constant exchange of talent between main European hubs (UK, France, Spain, Germany).
The company is piloting a new policy where permanent employees have the opportunity to work from other locations for a temporary period, e.g. France, Germany, UK and Ireland. This is a particularly attractive benefit for employees who seek to increase their own or their families’ cultural and linguistic understanding by living in a different country for a specific amount of time.
There are ample opportunities to travel globally if preferred.
Flexibility & Work Life Balance
The business offers a variety of flexible work arrangements across different locations to allow employees to juggle their professional and personal demands. Lawyers routinely work from home 2 or more days a week. For London: the office is based in West London - is this is too far for you to commute daily, you can work from home most of the week.
The General Counsel an insightful and tenacious business lawyer with great business sense, a true confidant and advisor to top leadership and a caring manager, colleague and friend to their team members. Both legal and commercial departments value their vision, intelligence, speed of thought, composure under extreme pressure, and practicality. No matter how tense or stressful a situation, they always make people feel better, more relaxed and more focused. On top, they are fun to work with, witty and entertaining.
Role & Responsibilities
This Senior IT Legal role is part of the global team reporting to Global Head of Legal. The work is varied and exciting – the company operates at the absolute forefront of their sector.
- Take overall responsibility for wide and varied range of IT legal issues including complex and strategic accounts
- Negotiate and draft all forms of complex IT agreements (software, services (including outsourcing arrangements), supplier, vendor, consultancy, technology licensing and development agreements) and provide key support on litigation matters, data protection and regulatory issues.
- Advise top management on legal risks related to company strategy, both from a deal perspective and generally, such as preparation and reporting on high level risks of large deals.
- Manage external counsel
- Prepare / maintain template documentation and negotiation guidelines
- Provide training to the business and other members of the legal team on areas of expertise
- Mentor and supervise more junior members of the team (direct reports are expected in the future as this is a leading IT legal role)
- Mandatory: at least 5 years PQE either in-house or in private practice including several years of experience as IT / technology lawyer;
- Of benefit would be: outsourcing, SaaS / XaaS, Cloud, e-commerce, data protection, competition experience;
- Fluency in foreign languages would be beneficial but is not mandatory.
- Excellent competitive salary, bonus and excellent benefits
- A generous 30-business days annual leave plus 12-14 public holidays (8-9 weeks in total)
- Relocation support
Please apply below or via Found Legal website / email contact page. The recruitment process is fast and efficient (2-3 meetings) with immediate feedback from interviewers. We have strong relationship with the hiring team so will advise whether this organisation would be the best fit to your skills, experience and aspirations. Once shortlisted, will receive extensive preparation and guidance for every interview.
Found Legal practice strict confidentiality in all communication and will never share your CV or any other details with any third party until we discuss an opportunity with you.
Suppliers to Fortune 100 and FTSE 100-350 organisations, Found Legal put you in front of dream career opportunities. We focus on placing legal professionals with world-class in house legal teams across EMEAR and APAC. If this role is not the right fit, please upload your CV on our website or email us to be updated on new vacancies. We look forward to hearing from you.