Financial Services Lawyer
OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY FOR A MID TO SENIOR LAWYER TO JOIN A PREMIUM BRAND AND SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE
Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and to bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued. It is only when expertise, highly professional processes and enjoyment of work are united that we can shape the future together. Whatever your heart’s desire – in the BMW Group, you will find a world where you can share your professional passion with us.
We are currently looking for a talented lawyer to join our UK and Ireland legal team based at our prestigious UK HQ in Farnborough, just off the M3. You will advise BMW Group’s companies in the UK & Ireland on all legal and regulatory matters related to our financial services activities including the provision of consumer credit and hire, credit broking, insurance distribution and data protection.
In particular, you will:
- advise on new finance and insurance products;
- review and approve advertisements and financial promotions;
- advise on the compliance of customer processes and individual customers’ agreements and complaints;
- advise on significant and complex, commercial projects and transactions;
- pro-actively identify regulatory and other legal risk within the Group and provide targeted regulatory training to the business;
- advise the Group UK’s financial services companies on competition law; and
- liaise with regulators, industry bodies, external counsel and customers including the FCA and the Finance and Leasing Association.
To succeed in this role you are likely to have at least 4 years’ PQE* gained at a leading law firm and/or in-house. Ideally you will have experience of UK financial services regulation with a focus on consumer credit, insurance distribution, anti-money laundering and relevant advertising laws, however, applicants with solid corporate or commercial experience who demonstrate an interest in these areas will be considered.
Strong inter-personal skills, gravitas and sound business acumen are all crucial as you will be expected to forge close working relationships with legal and business colleagues, including directors and senior management. The ability to think strategically and find creative solutions to complex legal problems will also be key to your success.
This is a rare opportunity for an enthusiastic and pro-active lawyer to make their mark in a global and innovative brand. As well as a competitive salary, BMW Group offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package and also opportunities for professional growth and development locally and internationally. The business invests in its employees and boasts a positive and supportive culture.
For further information or to apply, please contact Sam Baker at Baker Creed on 020 7871 1560 or email email@example.com. All direct or third party applications will be forwarded to Baker Creed for consideration.
* The PQE indicated is intended as a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.