Senior Associate - Litigation
Our client a top tier law firm is seeking a Senior Associate to join their expanding DR team in the BVI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To advise and represent clients in connection with a wide range of commercial and civil disputes
- To support and participate in the successful growth of the firm’s Dispute Resolution Team
- To advise and represent clients in connection with a wide range of disputes, particularly in cross border insolvency, commercial litigation and civil law
- Draft simple and complex documents with accuracy and appropriate content
- Be assertive and creative when developing or finding solutions to problems and methods of working. Add value through innovative ideas and approaches
- Approach issues with commercial sense and provide solutions which are pragmatic;
- Guide clients on strategy relating to the particular matter they are advising on, meeting client needs or reacting quickly to changing requirements
- Prepare case analyses and supporting documentation with cost estimates.
- Effectively monitor WIP and amounts billed against cost estimates and agreed budgets and billing arrangements
- Participate in the firm’s internal and external training programmes
- Contribute to the development of Know How and precedents when drafting documents
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, to help retain and attract more clients and work into the business. Actively contribute to the development of clients and contacts for the whole firm
- Demonstrate effective supervision and guidance to junior lawyers/trainees and paralegals to develop the skills of the team. Delegate and manage the work of lawyers/trainees and paralegal reports appropriately and monitor the progression of work, providing appropriate guidance when required.
- Qualification as a Solicitor or Barrister in England & Wales or a Caribbean jurisdiction
- At least seven years’ experience with a top tier litigation practice in commercial and civil litigation with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong drafting, research and advocacy skills
- Strong trial experience
- Knowledge of cross border insolvency, commercial litigation and civil law.
Apply for Senior Associate - Litigation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Insolvency & restructuring Private Practice 7+ Years jobs in British Virgin Islands
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Private Practice 7+ Years jobs in British Virgin Islands
- Arbitration Private Practice 7+ Years jobs in British Virgin Islands
- Civil Litigation Private Practice 7+ Years jobs in British Virgin Islands
- Commercial Litigation Private Practice 7+ Years jobs in British Virgin Islands