Associate Legal Counsel, Commercial - London
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work. For more information, visit www.google.com/careers.
The area: Legal
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
The role: Associate Legal Counsel, Commercial - London
As Associate Legal Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
Google are also hiring for Associate Legal Counsel, Google Cloud & Legal Counsel, Commercial, Google Cloud at this time. For more information on these roles, please visit www.google.com/careers.
Additional Role Description:
As a member of the Commercial Legal team, you will review and revise agreements as well as develop practical and innovative ways to meet Google's needs. You will consult and draft a variety of commercial agreements for Google’s Mobile, Communication and Cloud teams, and you'll work closely with business clients and Legal colleagues throughout EMEA.
- Advise on legal challenges, risks, complex agreement structures and company policies.
- Advise senior management and business clients on various aspects of English and European law..
- Negotiate a range of agreements with customers and partners throughout EMEA. Consult on a range of commercial agreements and create and maintain templates that comply with company policies and local law. Draft and maintain templates that comply with company policies and local law.
- Assist policy, competition and payments teams in connection with Mobile and Communications.
- Develop expertise in our products such as Google Cloud Platform, G Suite and other enterprise products. Build relationships with Cloud business clients in our various EMEA offices and in the US.
- BA/BS/LLB degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Qualified solicitor, with experience in private practice and/or an in-house team in the UK.
- Experience in consulting, drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial agreements, including multi-jurisdictional transactions, software licensing, distribution and marketing and promotion arrangements.
- Experience in agreement, commercial, IP, contract and IT law.
- Experience in advising on data protection issues, including upcoming legislative changes