Private Client Associate
My client is a leading private practice firm in the City, and is looking to add a junior Associate to its very well-regarded Private Client team
The role involves advising clients on a broad range of private wealth matters, often with a tax focus, and supporting partners and other fee earners, in both the private client team and the property/corporate departments.
Duties and responsibilities:
* You will work under partner supervision on a broad range of matters dealing with a demanding international high net worth client base. Duties will include:
* Advising on and implementing bespoke tax and estate planning solutions for UHNW/HNWs, particularly non-UK resident/non-dom and UK resident/non-dom individuals and families;
* Succession planning for individuals and businesses;
* Tax planning for non-residents, including the use and UK taxation of offshore wealth holding structures such as trusts and companies, and cross-border issues;
* Advising on capital gains tax, income tax, inheritance tax and stamp duty land tax and associated issues (e.g. compliance and reporting requirements), usually in the context of family wealth structures
* Advising on strategic aspects of wills (including drafting), and estate and trust administration
* The successful candidate will be a qualified solicitor with 0-2 years' year's post-qualified experience within a top tier London or national/regional firm
* Strong technical knowledge and analytical skills
* An ability to deal with clients in a sensitive, professional and competent way
* Strong case management experience and first hand exposure to high net-worth private clients is essential
* Personable and gregarious, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Commercial and driven with an interest in business development and marketing activities
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If you are starting your job search and your CV isn't quite ready or indeed if this job isn't quite right for you, please contact Luke Williams for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can view more opportunities on the Interlink website. Please note, our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.