Locum Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer
My client is a local authority legal team in Bedfordshire. They are seeking to add a Commercial Lawyer to their team for an on-going, locum assignment that is guaranteed to last for 3 months and is likely to be extended.
The post holder will be responsible for a personal legal caseload relating to all aspects of procurement and contract law matters, often in relation to highly complex matters.
This post is offered on a full time basis with the client able to guarantee 37 hours work each week. Part time applicants need not be put off applying as my client will make the contract work for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or FILEx with at least 3 year's PQE or equivalent. They will have strong experience in giving commercial legal advice and on drafting complex contracts and procurement documentation. The ideal candidate will be able to draft and settle documents and clauses to give effect to special circumstances and new statutory provisions. They will have a clear and systematic approach to problem solving and will be happy to research new law and policy to meet their client's needs.
Duties will include:
- Advising on and dealing with all legal matters relating to UK and EU contract and public procurement law, related governance and general legal matters affecting the Council
- Drafting council contracts with its partners
- Participating in project teams providing governance and procurement input
- Negotiating the drafting of contracts and other arrangements for shared or integrated services and to deliver major projects
- Preparing reports for and giving procedural advice including in relation to complex and highly complex matters to the Executive, Committees or Members
Hourly rate is negotiable dependent upon experience but candidates can expect an offer of between £30and £50 per hour (Inside IR35). 1 -2 days working from home each week can also be arranged, if required.
To apply for this post please contact Emily Bulman at Chadwick Nott, Birmingham on 0121 200 5575 or email email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.