Senior Construction Lawyer - Dubai
My Magic Circle law firm clients Middle Eastern offices have one of the region's largest construction and property practices. They are looking for a Senior Associate to join our award winning regional construction team based in Dubai.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- manage a caseload of mainly contentious construction matters;
- assist Partners with advisory work during project construction phase;
- draft and negotiate a wide variety of building/ engineering contracts;
- provide advice on warranties, guarantees and appointment documentation;
- assist Partners in delegation of work to and supervision of juniors in team;
- work closely with clients and continually developing the aptitude to foster long term client relationships; and
- actively participate in practice group business development.
They are interested in candidates with:
- strong academic background and training from a recognised international firm/practice;
- at least 5+ years construction experience gained at a reputable law firm with a strong reputation in the field of construction litigation and international arbitration;
- an ability to work on both contentious and non-contentious matters is essential;
- regional construction experience is necessary;
- proven track record in taking a lead role in complex and high $ value litigation;
- a real interest in marketing/business development and the ability to foster long term relationships;
- a willingness to assume responsibility and take a pro-active and commercial approach to issues;
- a genuine interest in marketing/ business development;
- an ability to work in a team and autonomously;
- pro-active and commercial approach; and
- drive, enthusiasm and flexibility.