Construction Paralegal - Dubai
My Magic Circle law firm client is looking to hire a Construction Paralegal to support partners and fee earners in large construction disputes and in business development activities. This role is based in their Dubai office and offers excellent and realistic career prospects.
- Carry out case-handling work delegated by partners/Construction Associates
- Attend meetings with clients and third party consultants and take minutes
- Assist associates with the creation & maintenance of hard copy and electronic bundles/bibles/pleadings or arbitration files, client documents etc.
- Research tasks & prepare notes on findings
- Review documents for identification of relevant material
- Prepare Cash flow forecasts
- Prepare and update monthly the Arbitration Timeline Estimates, review billing guides and liaise with a relevant party in relation to invoices
- Prepare and draft Power of Attorneys, Letters of Engagement, Terms & Conditions etc.
- Supervise and manage the team's document controllers and liaise with different departments
- Precedent systems/Dissemination of knowledge
They are interested in candidates with:
- a graduate or post graduate qualification in law;
- have at least 2 years' experience working in a professional services environment; law firm experience desirable;
- excellent written and oral English skills;
- good communication and interpersonal skills;
- ability to work meticulously and have excellent attention to detail;
- ability to work independently; and
- strong computer skills with excellent word processing skills (e.g. Word and Excel).