Funds Lawyer - Sole/General Counsel - Top Tier Investment Manager
A top tier US fund manager has a vacancy within its London office for a lawyer to take on a broad-based "general counsel" style role looking after the legal interests.
You will be operating in an autonomous capacity, assisting senior stakeholders on a range of investment management matters especially during an exciting phase of their growth and the significant expansion of their EMEA product offering.
The role will include:
· Advising on fund establishment, structuring and maintenance and the development of new themes (real estate, infrastructure, credit etc).
· Assisting with the management of their segregated accounts;
· Reviewing and negotiating distribution agreements, investment management agreements and general legal documentation
· Advising on regulations affecting their business and horizon scanning of upcoming regulations affecting investment funds
· Liaising with external counsel
· The ideal candidate will have 3-8 years’* experience as a Funds Lawyer either from a top private practice firm or leading financial services firm
· Experience advising on UCITS legal matters
· Exposure to private funds will be advantageous but not a pre-requisite
*Danos Associates acts as an Employment Agency with respect to permanent positions. PQE is referenced as a guideline only.