Senior Commercial IP Lawyer - Luxury Brand - Paris
Our Client, a Global Retailer, requires a Senior Commercial IP Lawyer to join their team in Paris. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will advise on the Global brand guidelines, deal with trademarking intellectual property and advise on the protection of copyright materials produced by the organisation, as well as general commercial matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the drafting, negotiation and implementation of the corporate and IP strategy
- Dealing with contentious IP issues, including counterfeits and copycats
- Liaising with Innovation department regarding new products and trade marks
- Management and enforcement of the IP portfolio for our client’s flagship brands
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements including;
- Marketing, sales and supply & distribution agreements
- Outsourcing and procurement agreements
- Some IT and software licensing agreements
- E-commerce and sponsorship agreements
- Data Protection and advertising matters concerning global sales promotions
- Conducting due diligence on legal matters within jurisdictions outside the UK
- Excellent relationship management skills are essential as the successful candidate will work closely with the Innovation, Marketing and Sales departments.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working within a creative, fast-paced environment. It would be ideal if you have prior in-house experience.