In-house paralegal - German experience
An opportunity exists for a German paralegal to join a large outsourcing (professional services) business. The head office is based in the City of London.
The role would suit a legal professional with a strong LL.B or LPC grad (German equivalent) with experience within a commercial environment, either private practice or in-house. Fluency in German is a must.
This is a 360 degree role with great development potential across legal and compliance. This will suit someone who is bright and savvy and potentially looking to break into the City for the first time. You will have the support of the Senior Legal Counsel as you grow and develop.
The successful in-house paralegal - German experience will: possess excellent technical skills and attention to detail; be highly motivated; be dedicated to delivering excellent client service; and embrace working closely with other members of the legal team and wider business.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Draft, negotiate and review contracts (including MSAs, sales and supply chain contracts, cross-border agreements, outsourcing, NDAs) in both German and English
- Provide legal advice to the German, Austrian and Swiss (DACH) team and senior stakeholders in areas such as property, data protection, IP, health & safety and employment / labour leasing
- Oversee corporate governance for EMEA entities including company formation, re-structuring and filings with the
- Assist HR and Credit Control teams with legal disputes and litigation as required
- Work closely with the Compliance function to develop and implement internal and external policies
- Legal experience in a German jurisdiction
- Fluent in German and English (essential)
- Experience in commercial contract negotiation (preferably gained in-house)
- Commercial acumen - able to balance legal risk with business objectives
- Operate at a cross-functional level to best support internal clients
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, including capacity to manage expectations
- Able to manage workload, meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Experience in a sales environment useful but not essential
Benefits of the In-house paralegal - German experience
Salary of £35k + pension plan + private healthcare