A growing international business services organisation based in Manchester City Centre require a commercial lawyer to join their existing UK team, reporting to the Assistant General Counsel. The role requires a lawyer with some knowledge of commercial contracts although other commercial backgrounds could be considered. This would be an excellent first move in-house for a commercial lawyer currently working in private practice.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of supplier and service contracts for the UK business
- Providing commercial advice as required
- Involvement in ensuring the business is compliant with a range of regulations (GDPR will be a large part of this)
- Some involvement in litigation
- Qualified lawyer with 1-4 PQE
- A commercial background, with some previous experience drafting commercial agreements
- The confidence to work autonomously
- Experience of financial services would be useful but isn't essential
If you are keen to move in-house but wish to maintain autonomy then this could be an excellent choice in a modern-thinking global business.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.