Private Client Partner
- Unique opportunity to enter at equity level in a very profitable Legal 500 firm.
- Help develop the team and have your ideas not only heard but implemented!
About Our Client
Steele Raymond is a top tier Legal 500 firm based in Bournemouth, providing a full range of services. The firm has seen exceptional growth over the last five years, working together with leading businesses, pre-eminent individuals and key stakeholders in Bournemouth, Dorset and nationally.
The Partners have a rare opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join them as a Private Client Partner and specifically invest in the growth of the Private Client team.
With an open, approachable and friendly culture, Steele Raymond stands above many of its competitors in the eyes of both clients and employees alike. The firm cares about their employees and believes in achievable targets, an excellent working environment and a healthy work/life balance.
The role will work alongside the private client tax partner, who also heads up the Private Client team, and who is highly recommended in Legal 500.
The work will cover the full range of private client services, including:
- advising on and drafting Wills, LPAs and other core private client documents;
- administering estates, with reference to particular tax issues;
- advising on and drafting trust documents including setting up and administering trusts;
- dealing with applications in the Court of Protection; and
- advising on inheritance tax and capital gains tax in connection with personal tax planning.
It also includes the opportunity to help shape and develop the team as a whole. Your opinions and input will not only be sought but heard and implemented. Whether that is in relation to targeted business development activities, making plans for strategic growth or improving systems and processes.
The Successful Applicant
To join the team as a Private Client Partner, you will be a qualified UK solicitor with 8+ years PQE*.
Perhaps you are a Senior Associate and have hit a glass ceiling where you are or already at salaried partnership level with little control over your own progression or that of your team.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience and technical excellence in a broad range of private client matters as set out above;
- want to grow, develop and mentor a team around them;
- be an enthusiastic team player, with good relationship building skills; and
- be STEP qualified (or in the process of obtaining the qualification) and either be, or be interested in becoming, a Chartered Tax Adviser.
*PQE is a guideline. All levels of PQE will be considered should the relevant experience be met.
What's on Offer
Steele Raymond believe in rewarding hard work, determination and excellence. That's why they can offer you a supportive working environment and the professional training and development you need.
As a people business, they consider looking after you as being as important as looking after their clients.
In addition to this excellent culture, and Private Client Partner title, you will be rewarded with:
- Equity package
- Car allowance
- Private medical cover
- 30 days holiday
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTW14000604Z