Data Protection Officer
This Data Protection Officer role is based in Watford and is offered by a global, consumer facing business.
This Data Protection Officer role is based in Watford and involves:
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and implement a data protection governance and management framework.
- Maintain an approach to data protection that is in accordance with data protection legislation, our operating licence, other privacy-related laws and regulations and relevant codes of practice and guidance.
- Draft and advise on implementing appropriate policies, standards, guidance, privacy notices and training which support the business in meeting its data protection obligations.
- Manage and respond to data subjects' rights requests and other data protection-related queries from players and employees.
- Carry out data protection monitoring activities including partnering with business owners to complete Data Protection Impact Assessments, Legitimate Interests Assessments, cookie scans, and maintain a record of processing activities.
- Manage data protection incidents which may involve player, retailer or employee data.
- Liaise with the ICO on data protection matters relating to the business, including data breach reporting.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of both UK and European data protection legislation and keep up-to-date on developments and new legislation and how this impacts the business.
- Provide strategic advice, policies and direction to the business on leveraging data in a controlled environment for data-driven advertising in relation to, for example, profiling, programmatic advertising and player insights.
- Support the business through the provision of legal advice on data protection matters in relation to complex issues, including:
- digital and mobile product teams to analyse products, platforms, features and systems, and provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies.
- data and insight teams to analyse approaches to profiling, segmentation and targeting.
- technical teams and developers to advise in respect of UX, audit/evidence requirements and big data platforms.
Dependent on experience:
- Draft, advise on and negotiate data protection provisions in commercial contracts.
- Implement SCCs for cross-border data transfers.
- Draft and negotiate data processing agreements and data sharing agreements with third parties.
This Data Protection Officer role is based in Watford and requires:
-A data protection expert, with a solid focus on data protection throughout their career
-data protection compliance experience, including: creating and implementing policies, data mapping, training and reporting
-ideally experience working in a Data Protection Officer or equivalent role
-experience of successfully working with and influencing stakeholders at all levels
Competitive salary, please enquire