In-House Legal Counsel
In House Legal Counsel
Up to £75k
A British multi-national company, at the forefront of modern technology and sustainable solutions, is looking for an In House Legal Counsel to join the business. As part of a company that is a constituent of the FTSE 100, you will need to provide legal support on a global basis to one of their business sectors. The office is in Central London.
You will be advising a world leader in developing and licensing technologies across different industries and will also advise the wider business when required. You will have management and mentoring responsibility in this role.
The In House Legal Counsel Role
- Advising on a wide range of domestic and international commercial matters.
- Providing legal support colleagues based in locations around the world as well as advice and coaching to more junior members of the legal team.
- Working closely with business colleagues in order to manage and mitigate a wide range of risks (legal, health and safety, compliance, financial and reputational).
- Working closely with project managers to deal with matters arising during project execution.
- Training and developing business colleagues in both formal group sessions and on a more informal one to one basis so as to ensure that they have the rights skills and behaviours to allow them to reach their maximum potential.
- Providing legal and compliance training to the business (ABC, Competition and Sanctions).
- Managing specialist legal services provided by external firms, such as non-UK advice on corporate, commercial, litigation, employment, tax, IP, property and environmental law.
You will have had previous experience either in house or in private practice in a commercial, corporate or IP related discipline and be comfortable advising on complex legal matters under the oversight of the Head of Legal. Previous experience of licensing work would be advantageous but it is not required as full training will be provided.
Fantastic overall package, bonus and pension. International work and a dynamic, successful FTSE 100 company.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.