Locum Litigation Lawyer - Trading Standards
A Litigation Lawyer with expertise in Trading Standards matters is required for a locum assignment in the East Midlands.
My client is a local authority legal team in Derbyshire. The authority are seeking to add a Trading Standards Lawyer to their in house legal team on a full time locum basis, although part time applicants are welcomed. This is an on-going assignment with a minimum of 3 months guaranteed.
The ideal candidate will be a lawyer with a relevant qualification or the equivalent experience. Applicants should have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of litigation relevant to local government including regulatory and enforcement matters.
Specific Duties include:
- Providing legal advice and assistance to the Trading Standards Division of the Health and Communities Department in respect of trading standards and consumer protection matters
- Preparing and presenting criminal and civil cases in the Magistrate's and High Courts as necessary
- Assisting the Trading Standards Division in understanding and keeping up to date with consumer protection legislation and other relevant legislation
The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator with experience in legal administration, legislation and litigation. Specific knowledge of trading standards law is preferable.
Hourly is rate is circa £30 per hour (inside IR35)
To apply for this post please contact Emily Bulman at Chadwick Nott, Birmingham on 0121 200 5575 or email email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More searches like this
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in East Midlands Region
- Civil Litigation Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in East Midlands Region
- Commercial Litigation Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in East Midlands Region
- Regulatory/Compliance (except Banking/Finance) Public Sector 7+ Years jobs in East Midlands Region