Capital Markets Lawyer
Capital Markets Lawyer
Obelisk is an award-winning legal services provider and an active member of the London tech community, providing flexible legal solutions to global law firms and in-house legal teams of FTSE100 companies.
We’ve developed a unique flexible working model, designed to benefit everyone. Our lawyers, who work on a freelance basis, are skilled and experienced legal professionals who choose to work differently. We are the only legal business in the FT Future 100 UK, a list recognising businesses who make a positive impact on society. Our clients need expert legal services to grow their business and trust the quality and culture fit of lawyers who work with us.
Based at the central City offices of a banking company, this role can be 4 or 5 days a week. As part of the capital markets and derivatives team, you will be involved in a range of challenging work relating to securitised and credit derivatives and structured products, securitisations, repackagings, repos and stock lending and strategic equity financings.
This role would suit a junior/mid level securitisation, derivatives or structured products lawyer, but the client is happy to consider candidates with varied experience who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.
Ideally you will be:
- Qualified in England & Wales or in other jurisdictions with recent and extensive UK experience
- At least 3 years PQE in a City law firm or in-house legal team at a bank or leading blue chip corporates
- A team player with outstanding communication skills, able to hit the ground running and to work independently as a trusted advisor to the client
- Open to new opportunities and challenges and have a flexible mindset
- Able to demonstrate strong technical knowledge in your area of expertise
- A right to work and reside in the UK
- Available to work immediately or within the next month
Benefits of being an Obelisk Consultant
- We offer outstanding access to jobs with top-tier legal teams, both in-house at large global corporations and with large City firms.
- Our Consultant Team connects you with client jobs that correspond to your professional profile and provides one-on-one support to help you win the roles you are interested in.
- You take control over how you want to work as a freelance lawyer, combining your professional goals with your personal priorities.
- We provide all our lawyers with access to continuing education and professional development, helping you pursue your professional goals and build your portfolio.
- We are a business with a purpose, leading the way in the legal industry with our Corporate Social Responsibility policy and advocacy for diversity.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV using the ‘Apply’ button.
If you would like to know more about other opportunities that Obelisk offers in confidence, then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org