£Competitive + Flexible Working
Obelisk is an award-winning legal services provider and an active member of the London tech community, providing flexible legal solutions to global law firms and in-house legal teams of FTSE100 companies.
We have developed a unique flexible working model, designed to benefit everyone. Our lawyers, who work on a freelance basis, are skilled and experienced legal professionals who choose to work differently. We are the only legal business in the FT Future 100 UK, a list recognising businesses who make a positive impact on society. Our clients need expert legal services to grow their business and trust the quality and culture fit of lawyers who work with us.
Our banking client is looking for legal support on various aspects of their commercial lending franchise. The duration of this role is six months and is due to start in April. The role is full-time but they may be able to offer some flexibility.
Ideally the client is looking for someone who can offer solid debt experience and has an interest and/or experience in SME lending. This role is a mix of advisory and transactional work. You will need to be able to work confidently across projects and take on a number of tasks in addition to agreement drafting and negotiation, including template and policies drafting, and liaising with, and advising internal stakeholders on regulatory issues. You will also be comfortable working reasonably autonomously although you will be well supported by the rest of the team.
Ideally you will be qualified in England & Wales or in other jurisdictions with recent and extensive UK experience, with at least 3 years PQE in a top City firm. Additional in-house experience is useful. A right to work and reside in the UK is a prerequisite.
Benefits of being an Obelisk Consultant
- We offer outstanding access to jobs with top-tier legal teams, both in-house at large global corporations and in private practice with large City firms.
- Our Consultant Team connects you with client jobs and provides one-on-one support to help you win the roles you are interested in.
- You take control over how you want to work as a freelance lawyer, combining your professional goals with your personal priorities.
- We provide all our lawyers with access to continuing education and professional development, helping you pursue your professional goals and build your portfolio.
- We are a business with a purpose, leading the way in the legal industry with our Corporate Social Responsibility policy and advocacy for diversity.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV using the ‘Apply’ button.
If you would like to know more about other opportunities that Obelisk offers in confidence, then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org