A multinational consulting firm with a turnover of over €19bn in 2017 is seeking a commercial lawyer to join the growing team as Legal Counsel at their UK Head Office in Luton.
The business is a leading global player in its field and, with a new legal structure now in place, represents a fantastic opportunity for a commercial lawyer seeking to get involved in a variety of legal work as well as offer practical commercial advice. There is a good sized, collaborative team, a strong support network and a Head of Legal keen on personal development.
Reporting directly to the Head of Legal, the Legal Counsel will be the dedicated legal contact for a key business area within the group. The role will include:
· Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts across the business;
· Assisting with litigation matters (prior contentious experience would be beneficial but NOT necessary);
· Providing general legal and commercial advice to the sales and marketing functions as well as key stakeholders;
· Advising on legal risk and helping appropriate departments manage and reduce any issues; and
· Acting as the main point of contact to key business lines, attending client meeting as representative of the legal team.
You will be a c. 0-3 PQE commercial lawyer with a strong commercial contracts background, seeking to work in a large business and take on a more involved, commercial role. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your commercial acumen to help direct key business lines within the organisation. Commercial Litigation and Corporate lawyers with transferable contracts experience and seeking a more generalist role will also be considered.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.