Conveyancing Fee Earner - Worksop/Retford
This modern forward thinking, niche, multi law service practice based in Worksop and Retford are looking for a new head of conveyancing to join either their Worksop or Retford office.
They are an friendly and down-to-earth practice that combines good quality work with a relaxed working environment.
Thety are recruiting an experienced Conveyancer to run our Residential and Conveyancing Department on a full time, permanent basis.
The role will involve encouraging, mentoring and developing all members of the team to including solicitors/fee earners, paralegals and admin assistants. You will ensure the team meets its objectives and targets with a view to continuously improve the quality of the team's work. You will be responsible for overseeing all stages of the conveyancing process, from instruction to completion, including responsibility for the team achieving their objectives, tracking performance on a daily basis and exploring how fees can be maximized for the firm.
You must have previous management experience and be confident in your technical ability.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implementation of the firm's plan for the Conveyancing Department
- Manage caseload of mixed conveyancing matters including residential matters (broad mix of sales/purchases/freehold/leasehold)
- Conducting a regular review of Fee Earner caseload, auditing files to ensure the case is progressing in accordance with the firm's Plan and defined procedures.
- Effectively manage inquiries that are raised on a sale or purchase
- Ensure all documents are in place for the registration of the purchase or sale following completion
- Design efficient internal processes within case management system
- Provide technical guidance to the team.
- Work with the Legal Director to assess trends within the work quality and identify potential work quality issues.
- Conducting employee appraisals
- Providing an 'environment' where team members feel motivated
- Promoting team working
- Continuously improving the quality of work in the team, conducting audits as required by administrative policies and procedures, giving feedback to team members and drafting and implementing improvement plans
- Monitoring weekly and monthly financial management information of the team and team members and managing performance of team members against Key Performance Indicators
- Checking incoming and outgoing post as required by administrative policies and procedures
- Preparing for and conducting Team Meetings, including disseminating information from Departmental/Management Meetings.
- Build a caseload of high quality residential property sales and purchases and will be given the autonomy and support to generate new business and develop the caseload as you see fit.
- Effectively deal with complaints through agreed handling processes.
- To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experience working with residential conveyancing processes and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of sales and purchase of leasehold and freehold, re-mortgages and schemes such as Help to Buy and equity sharing arrangements.
- Commercial and residential property knowledge with proven supervisory experience
- Possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Able to organise and prioritise workload especially under pressure is essential
- Must possess a Law degree and/or be licensed with Council for Licensed Conveyancers (CLC)
- Previous experience in managing a case from a case management system (ideally Proclaim)
- Ability work alone using their own initiative
- Experience of working within a paperless office
- Ability to inspire others to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely manner
- Ability to identify team issues and evaluate situations
- Able to effectively utilise each team member to his/her full potential
- Motivate the teams to work together in the most efficient manner
- Proven track record in adhering to deadlines and exceeding targets, as well as holding high standards of efficiency and time management
- Ability to impart information at different levels, as required
- Ability to deliver engaging, informative and well organised presentations
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement and made constructive suggestions for change
- Highly competitive, generous salary
- 23 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
For more information please contact Robert Addy on 0114 2418030 or click apply today for more details.