Senior Legal Counsel - 12 Month FTC
Our client have gone through large growth in their legal team recently. They are a financial services giant with a global footprint and very reputable in the market.
- Scope business requirements, evaluate multiple inputs , propose a course of action, identifying commercial risks and impacts of any decision
- Research and deliver proactive, efficient and robust legal advice to a range of senior stakeholders on a variety of legal topics.
- Draft agreements, contracts and other legal documents that minimise risks and maximise legal rights
- Adhere to the Companies legal governance framework, policies, systems, standards and procedures in all aspects of work
- Provide direction and clarification on legal terminology or specifications to a range of stakeholders, providing education on key topics as required
- Instruct and manage external counsel and other third parties, parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Assist with product development and the integration of new businesses.
- Collaborate with legal colleagues to manage priorities and ensure continuity of timely delivery
- Support stakeholders in ensuring that the company act lawfully and in compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Lead work streams of projects associated with area expertise in accordance with the company project methodology.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate processes and procedures in area of accountability, identifying risks and non-compliance ensuring solutions in place to mitigate.
- Build and maintain networks internally and externally to gain insight in area of specialism and keep abreast of alterations in legislation
KEY INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Senior leadership team
- Business Leaders
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Be a commercial/ financial services lawyer who has experience in an FCA regulated environment
- Have a minimum of 6 years PQE (PQE is flexible if coming from a FS background)
- Be engaging and able to build strong business relationships
- Have no more than 1 month Notice Period
Highly competitive salary dependant on experience and background
A bit of flexibility if required after embedding
Solid duration contract