This Privacy Advisor role is offered by a FTSE 100 and is based in Luton, the company is international and has a fast paced environment.
This Privacy Advisor role is based in Luton, the role reports to the Group Data Protection Officer and Head of Privacy (qualified lawyer), it will involve:
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Programme in accordance with its governance and accountability requirements outlined under law.
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Team in developing and delivering appropriate policies, standards, guidance, training and awareness activities which support the business in meeting their data protection obligations.
- Carrying out data protection monitoring and assurance activities, including partnering with the business to complete Data Protection Impact Assessments, 3rd party risk assurance processes and helping to maintain records of processing activities.
- Supporting the business and its Affiliates through the provision of legal advice on data protection matters.
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Team in managing Data Subject Rights Requests Process, as well as supporting on requests.
- Providing support to various stakeholder groups on data protection requirements relating to third party partners, including data protection clauses in contracts.
- Managing data protection incidents which may involve customer or employee personal data.
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Officer in liaising with data protection Regulators, in particular the U.K Information Commissioner, on data protection matters relating to the business
- Maintaining awareness of upcoming data-related legislation, regulations and codes of practice and how they may impact the business
- Supporting the Group Data Protection Officer on data protection Projects
This Privacy Advisor role is based in Luton, the role reports to the Group Data Protection Officer and Head of Privacy (qualified lawyer), it requires:
-This role is suitable for a qualified lawyer with solid experience in data protection or a compliance candidate who has focused on data protection
-Ideally 2 years or more data protection experience (candidates with less experience who also meet with the role's requirements will also be considered)
-Law degree or qualified lawyer, or a background in compliance
-Ideally experience gained operating in an international environment
-Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment, open plan and lively head office
Competitive package with the opportunity to work from home for one day per week once fully embedded in to the business