Case Manager eDiscovery
Our client, a global top tier law firm are looking to hire a Case Manager within eDiscovery.
The purpose of this role would be to initiate and carry out case management functions, assist, train and provide end-to-end eDiscovery support and project management within eDiscovery software system for the legal team in London and across the global network on all aspects of litigation, arbitration and investigation matters.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Act as central point of contact for assigned matters.
- Provide end-to-end eDiscovery support, project management and consultation in Relativity or on other platforms
- Attend meetings and calls as necessary with legal teams, clients, eDiscovery vendors, forensic experts, managed document review providers and any others as required.
- Assist with the eDiscovery technology selection through working with colleagues to determine which matters should be hosted in-house and which should be externally hosted. For matters to be hosted externally, working with the legal teams and client to identify the most appropriate vendor and software.
- Prepare cost estimates and managing tender process (in conjunction with the Legal Project Managers, as necessary).
- Advise and oversee the set-up and management of databases.
- Complete and monitor tasks to ensure that they are being dealt with accurately, efficiently and within budget.
- Act as the liaison between the vendor, legal team and client throughout the lifecycle of matters.
- Manage the audit trail of electronic client data (if received) and electronic productions, lists and bundles
- Take ownership and manage the eDiscovery process through all its phases from identification, preservation, collection and processing to review and production/ presentation. Ensure that consideration is given to data protection and confidentiality issues.
- Collection and processing phases: Liaise with the client, legal team and forensic experts (when necessary) to define the scope of the collection and the specification of the client's IT systems. Raise any concerns regarding the collection/processing process, the preservation of data/metadata and the filtering applied.
- Document Review management: Work with the legal team to identify the most appropriate review method whether internal, Legal Support Centre or Managed Review. Discuss how technology assisted techniques may be used to facilitate the review and work with the legal team to devise the review strategy. Develop and provide costs estimates. Assist with the preparation of a review plan. Provide templates to legal team to assist them with preparation of briefing documents for review. Liaise with the vendor and legal team to ensure the appropriate daily reports/metrics are available to ensure that progress and quality remain on track.
Production phase: Assist with the preparation and tracking of productions, lists, load files, reports or bundles.
- Strong eDiscovery technology background with emphasis on Relativity experience.
- RCA qualification preferred.
- Experience of being eDiscovery project lead and managing interested stakeholders - client, legal teams, appointed vendors (where appropriate) and review resourcing
This is a permanent opportunity and would pay in the region of 50-60K depending upon experience
If you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.