Trade Mark Attorney
Are you a Trade Mark specialist looking for an exciting new challenge?
Interlink have recently been instructed on an exclusive opportunity for a Trade Mark Attorney to join one of Europe’s best Trade Mark Teams.
This law firm works with a variety of brands across all business sectors and has outstanding experience in every area of trade mark and design law. The firm have integrated all aspects of trade mark and design practice into one team and provide a full IP service, advising not just on clearance, prosecution and portfolio management, but also anticipating and handling litigation. The team have an excellent track record for successfully resolving brand disputes including some of the most significant and complex disputes in national courts and the Court of Justice of the European Union.
• Managing international trade mark portfolios with a fairly high degree of autonomy but working alongside partners and supervising more junior trade mark assistants, with support from paralegals and our formalities team.
• Filing and prosecuting trade marks on a worldwide basis, including the UK, EU and Madrid system.
• Gathering and presenting witness statement evidence to show acquired distinctiveness, reputation or for infringement purposes.
• Drafting legal submissions for UKIPO or EUIPO proceedings and handling UKIPO hearings (whether doing advocacy themselves or through counsel).
• Conducting and advising on trade mark availability searches, using appropriate online tools and through search agents.
• Advising clients on registrability of trademarks and recommending cost-effective registration strategies.
• Instructing and managing work of foreign attorneys, including critically reviewing their invoices before approval.
• Reviewing trade mark and EUIPO watch notices to consider possible oppositions.
• Handling negotiation of co-existence and assignment agreements with third parties.
In return you will be provided with an excellent package which includes comprehensive benefits such as; BUPA healthcare, Group Income Protection, Pension contribution, season ticket loans and flexible/home working options.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If you are starting your job search and your CV isn’t quite ready or indeed if this job isn't quite right for you, please contact Sophie Gwilliam for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can view more opportunities on the Interlink website. Please note, our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer