Locum Commercial Contracts & Projects Lawyer (Construction)
A new locum opportunity has arisen in North London for a Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer with a local authority legal team. This is an ongoing, full time assignment.
The post holder will join a team of experienced lawyers and advise on wide ranging and complex matters including: construction, buildings, engineering, utilities, major infrastructure, roads, rail, waste, demolition, industrial and retail, education, information and data protection.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking a range of legal work in connection with contracts and procurement work including (but not limited to) construction contracts and funding agreements in relation to a wide range of infrastructure projects.
- Progressing general contact law and procurement law advice
- Handling a personal caseload of legal work to a high standard of professional practice
- Providing advice to the Council officers on the implications of recent legislation and legal developments
- Giving advice, support and legal representation on behalf of all Directors of the Council and to ensure that this is done in full compliance with the policies, procedures and decision of the Council and in accordance with legal requirements
- Providing level legal advice and guidance to team members, other Officers, Directors and Members
To be successful in this post you will need to be/have:
- A Qualified Solicitor/Barrister with Practising Certificate
- Able to advise on Construction contracts
- Able to advise on procurement legislation
- Able to advise on funding agreements
- Local government experience
Hourly rate is negotiable dependent upon experience but as a guideline a bracket of £30 - £50 per hour has been discussed (inside IR35).
To apply for this post, please call Emily Bulman on 0121 200 5575 or email email@example.com with a copy of your up to date CV.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.