Senior In House Lawyer - Oil and Gas / Energy
- Reviewing, drafting, advising on and negotiating various types of international commercial contracts and legal documents required in relation to corporate governance, including; international sale and purchase agreement, distributorship agreement, agency agreement, shareholders agreement, share purchase agreement, intellectual property and technology transfer, M&A, joint venture, guarantee, loan facilities, ISDA agreements and all corporate related legal documents.
- Providing legal support in respect of various national laws and EU and other international regulations, including in relation to corporate governance and assisting with the managing, guidance and coordination of the advice from the more junior members of the team.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the group's organisation (including subsidiaries and branches). This includes advising on group rules, as well as processing applications required from European business units under those rules, for example in relation to Trade Security Control and Anti-Bribery legislation as well as assisting with the managing, guidance and coordination of the rule amendments and processing of applications by the more junior members of the team
- Actively supporting the Legal Department's initiatives regarding compliance education and training, specifically including visiting offices and conducting seminars.
- Assisting with internal audits when required.
- Some business travel to support European business units with legal matters.
- Maintaining an awareness of 'best practice' and 'continual improvement' in relation to the scope of work covered by the role and ensuring that the more junior members of the team do the same.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Solicitor Practising Certificate in the jurisdiction of England and Wales is essential.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation, for example when assisting with the management of more junior members of the team
- Drafting and negotiating international commercial agreements.
- Advising on corporate governance and compliance issues.
- Advising business units and Corporate Departments face to face.
- Conducting sophisticated legal research and reviewing the research of the more junior members of the team.
- Confidence in the ability to provide practical legal advice to business units and Corporate Departments.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Flexible, pro-active attitude with an understanding of the importance of accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to travel.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.