Sole Counsel (UK/IR) - Medical Device Co - Birmingham
Our client is a dynamic, innovative and fast growth global medical device company. They have now created an exciting new position of Sole Counsel for the UK & Ireland Region. This role is to be based in Birmingham, West Midlands and reports to a Senior Regional Counsel and will be supported by colleagues in the international legal team and by external counsels.
As the Sole Counsel (UK/IR), you will support all aspects of UK/IR operations and advise the business broadly on commercial, corporate, regulatory, competition and compliance issues. This will include the review of marketing and sales programs, contract drafting and review, compliance programs and general legal support and advice.
- Supporting on all sales, marketing, distribution and compliance legal matters in UK/IR.
- Providing legal and strategic advice and day-to-day support to the UK/IR business.
- Supporting in relating to commercial capex related matters.
- Addressing and anticipating critical legal, ethical and business issues.
- Working closely with other members of the international Legal Department.
- Advising and providing updates on business management of key projects and reviewing compliance and financial reporting matters as appropriate.
- Working closely with the UK/IR HR team and supporting with first line advice on employment/HR issues.
- At least 5+ years post qualifying experience gained with a major law firm or company.
- Qualified to practice in England and Wales.
- Experience in a medical device/pharma/healthcare or similar regulated company or in a law firm acting for such clients would be an advantage.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and adaptable individual with integrity and initiative.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills able to influence and build relationships at all levels.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and multicultural environment.
- Proactive and solutions orientated individual with strong ethics and business acumen.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within a fast paced legal team in a dynamic and rapidly growing company with clear vision, strategy and inspiring leadership.
Henderson Hall, Corporate Counsel Recruitment have been retained to handle this search on an exclusive basis. To apply, please respond in complete confidence via this web site. Alternatively, you can send an email to BM19@hendersonhall.com or call retained consultant Struan Hall of Henderson Hall, Corporate Counsel Recruitment on +44 (0)20 7096 1197 for a confidential discussion.