HEAD OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
We are looking for a technically excellent and pro-active Solicitor to act as Gymshark’s in-house Intellectual Property Counsel, with responsibility to protect our brand.
The IP strategy will be set by the Legal Director & General Counsel with the IP Counsel tasked with implementing the strategy and managing the contentious and non-contentious elements of brand protection. The IP counsel will also oversee intellectual property licensing and will instruct and manage external advisors on intellectual property matters.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Providing specialist advice and guidance on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious IP matters; focussing on the protection and commercialisation of Gymshark’s Intellectual Property Rights.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on IP-driven Agreements including NDAs; Licences; Assignments; Collaboration and Joint Development Agreements; Sponsorship and Endorsement agreements that minimise risks and maximise legal rights
- Lead on the resolution of disputes relating to IP matters; assessing the relative strength of cases and formulating strategy for optimal outcome
- Instructing and managing external IP advisors, in multiple jurisdictions, to safeguard Gymshark’s assets and interests
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that appropriate risk management procedures are in place to preserve and protect the business position with respect to potential licensees; licensors; suppliers and customers where creation, ownership, use and/or confidentiality of IP is at issue.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and help to promote the Legal Team within the business.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Base your decision-making process on ethics and integrity
- Continue personal professional development; share such knowledge within the Legal Team and, where appropriate with internal stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales
- Proven specialism in intellectual property either in private practice or in-house with demonstrable experience working on IP agreements on a global scale
- A sound understanding of how legal issues affect organisations and the ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, translating complex concepts into simple terms where required
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver immediate tasks
- Strong project management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to thrive, with minimum level of supervision, in a risk-taking, fast paced environment
- You are a naturally curious thinking, self-driven character with a passion for understanding customers and meeting their needs
SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE AT GYMSHARK…
- Create, believe, lead the strategy and energise the organisation
- Are comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Understand and can operate in an environment where change is the norm