HEAD OF COMMERCIAL
We are looking for a technically excellent and proactive Solicitor to act as Gymshark’s in-house Commercial Counsel to review, negotiate and provide advice on a range of commercial contracts.
The main purpose of the role is to safeguard Gymshark’s interests and assets, through strong contract, compliance and value-added solution management.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts typically entered into by Gymshark including: Supply Agreements, Terms and Conditions, IT Agreements, NDAs, Warehousing & Logistics, Sponsorship and Endorsement Agreements.
- Drafting Policies and educating internal stakeholders on a variety of compliance issues, including: Data Protection & document retention; Anti-Bribery & Corruption; and Modern Slavery.
- Assisting with a Corporate transactions including; joint ventures, M&A and other collaborations.
- Where necessary, instructing and managing external advisors to safeguard Gymshark’s interests and assets.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that appropriate risk management procedures are in place to cover contractual and compliance risk management.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and help to promote the Legal Team within the business.
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Base your decision-making process on ethics and integrity
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, athletes, agencies)
- Continue professional development; share such knowledge within the Legal team and, where appropriate, with internal stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales
- Proven specialism in commercial and contract law either in private practice or in-house with demonstrable experience of working on commercial contracts with Procurement, Supply Chain and Marketing
- Commercial Awareness and a creative problem solver with the ability to think laterally and understand the cost and value drivers within a competitive business environment
- A sound understanding of how legal issues affect organisations and the ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, translating complex concepts into simple terms where required
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver immediate tasks
- Strong project management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to thrive, with minimum level of supervision, in a risk-taking, fast paced environment
- You are a naturally curious thinking, self-driven character with a passion for understanding customers and meeting their needs
SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE AT GYMSHARK…
- Create, believe, lead the strategy and energise the organisation
- Are comfortable with being uncomfortable
- Understand and can operate in an environment where change is the norm