Global Markets Lawyer
Global Markets Lawyer
BBVA is hiring a Global Markets lawyer for a challenging role in a busy legal team in the London office, reporting to two senior lawyers, where exposure to a significant breadth of product areas will provide an excellent platform for professional development.
- Providing English law advice to BBVA's Corporate and Investment Banking division, both locally and to the head office and international branches;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating master agreements (e.g. ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA);
- Analysing and advising the business areas on all relevant regulatory matters (e.g. MiFID II, EMIR, BRRD, BMR, Prospectus Regulations and related UK legislation and statutory instruments) and ensuring that contracts remain in compliance with applicable law and regulation;
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on debt capital markets transactions;
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on a wide variety of contracts relating to, but not limited to, derivatives, fixed income and structured products (including ISDA confirmations, prospectuses, final terms, distribution agreements and confidentiality agreements);
- Assisting the finance legal team, when necessary, by reviewing lending documentation such as LMA credit facilities and security documents;
- Liaising with outside counsel on various matters as and when required;
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes that may BBVA.
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales;
- Would suit candidates with up to 5 years post-qualification experience (PQE) working in a top international law firm; prior experience in an in-house legal department is also helpful.
- Ability to work well and efficiently under pressure - working outside core office hours in order to meet deadlines, if required;
- Ability to manage a high workload consisting of a wide range of multiple competing tasks for various business areas;
- Robust and thorough approach to drafting and reviewing of documentation;
- Strong ability to work effectively in multi-cultural, geographically dispersed, virtual teams;
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred but not essential;
- Good understanding of the regulatory aspects of banking and finance.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES:
- A punctual and reliable team player;
- An understanding of the necessity to provide a high standard of customer service to clients;
- Aptitude for working efficiently on multiple tasks under pressure;
- An interest and enthusiasm for this area of law and business.