Commercial Lawyer – Brexit Project - Global Brokerage House 4 years+
We are partnering with a long-standing and truly global brokerage company that sits at the cutting edge of the technology sector. This company offers the full range of brokerage services (voice, hybrid, electronic) across the financial services and real estate markets, as well as offering innovative financial technology solutions, and providing market data and analytics.
Our client is now looking for a mid-senior level lawyer with a min. of 4 years’ PQE to lead on the implementation of the business’ Brexit strategy. This is an exciting project role and a highly visible position across the global organisation.
In this role you will be required to regularly interact with senior business people and management across the front and back office. As this role involves matters of strategic importance, we therefore require someone who can operate with absolute discretion and confidentiality.
The role will primarily involve:
- Reviewing existing documentation and vendor contracts in light of Brexit;
- Ensuring all legal documentation is in line with business objectives and regulatory requirements;
- Instructing and working with external counsel across Europe (Ireland, France, Switzerland, Germany and Spain) to ensure correct and full implementation of the Brexit project;
- Assisting with corporate and business reorganisations involving the integration of branches, and transfer of assets and contracts.
We are looking for a lawyer with:
- Strong commercial contracts experience;
- Corporate experience is a nice-to-have;
- Experience of working in the financial services or technology sectors is preferable but not essential;
- French language skills would be very useful but again not essential.
This role would suit someone who;
- likes to take ownership of their work and is highly organised;
- has excellent communication skills, and has mastered the ability to convey legal advice in a commercial and effective manner;
- enjoys working autonomously at times, thrives in a fast-paced environment and remains calm under pressure.
We are open to both UK or Commonwealth qualified lawyers with a minimum of 4 years’ PQE. This is a 12 month FTC with a view being extended or made permanent for the right candidate.
For more information please contact:
Matt Bloxham, email@example.com 07900 692 209
Celene Yon, firstname.lastname@example.org 07944 390 723
Due to a high volume of applications we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.