Lawyer - Global MOD - Defence Contractor - Bedfordshire
Our client is one of the world's largest and best known defence contractors.
The position will report directly to the General Counsel of this UK business division, who has overall responsibility for the performance/coordination of all legal activities for this UK defence subsidiary this global defence contractor.
Primary responsibilities will include providing legal guidance on contracts, procurement and employment law matters.
Substantial experience in contracting with the MoD and defence subcontracting would be an advantage.
Substantial experience negotiating subcontract terms/conditions is an essential requirement and advising on UK employment law would be a distinct advantage.
Familiarity with UK defence industry export regulations is desirable as is experience with international defence industry transactional and compliance matters.
The successful candidate will be likely to:
- be a qualified solicitor or barrister with experience of providing in house legal advice.
- have experience advising on contracts (both as seller and buyer).
- have at least 9 years of post qualification experience.
It would be highly desirable for them to have knowledge and experience of advising on one or more of the following:
- UK MoD Contracting.
- UK employment law.
- Intellectual Property Law.
It would be desirable but not a pre-requisite for them to have knowledge and experience of advising on:
- Knowledge of UK export controls/export licensing.
- IPR as it pertains to UK MoD Contracting.
- Health and Safety at Work.
- Other areas upon which companies from time to time require advice such as data protection, environmental matters etc.
Excellent salary, benefits a flexible working (including a 9 day working fortnight).