Elevate is looking for a Commercial Lawyer [preferably US- or UK-Qualified] with at least 2 years PQE to provide support to our U.S.-based client but permanently from our office in Krakow, Poland. There is a possibilty of working remotely for the first month.
You will provide contract, commercial and transactional support, working both independently on assigned projects, and collaboratively with the client’s in house legal team(s).
You will be responsible for reviewing, redlining, negotiating commercial contracts and other transactional documents. This role also involves handling negotiations, driving and adhering to new company processes as well as building relationship with the client(s).
Specifically you will:
- Review, redline and re-draft standard and nonstandard agreements (for instance, Master Sales & Services Agreements, Direct & Indirect Procurement Agreements, NDA’s, etc.)
- Perform contract review summaries and provide guidance on alternative language for negotiations.
- Re-draft and update contract templates and guidelines for large corporate clients..
- Support due diligence activities and other ad hoc legal projects.
Skills for success:
- Able to identify “key contract clauses” and related "key risks".
- Provide written mitigation strategy.
- Great attention to details, high level of diligence.
- High level ability in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with multiple tasks.
- Result driven and well organized.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- "Client - oriented" attitude.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Lawyer in UK and/or US Preferred.
- 2+ years relevant In-House and/or Law Firm experience (at least some work experience from UK or US nice to have).
- Degree in Law (LL.M or JD from the U.S. or UK nice to have).
- Very good understanding of contracting law (under the common law standards).
- Knowledge/understanding of commercial aspects of contracts.
- Advanced English language skills (“must-have” as the work requires a daily contact with international clients; from Law Firm Partners and Top Managers to Heads of Legal Departments and Sales/Procurement Managers).
- Experience in dealing with multicultural teams.
- Additional foreign language skills definitely a plus, but not required.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.