Shipping Claims Director
A leading global insurance services provider with a strong reputation in the marine insurance sector.
This role will involve handling and resolving complex claims in a commercial environment and offers the opportunity to develop your client skills. The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the international members, including international travel, is vital to this role as is the delivery of high-quality service.
Your main responsibilities will include: -
- Handling P&I Defence claims
- Reporting on professional claims matters
- Authorising insurance guarantees within authority levels
- Undertaking peer review file audits
- Reviewing contracts
- Supervising the collection of reinsurance recovers in collaboration with the reinsurance department
- Assisting in the preparation of board reports
- Appointing lawyers, surveyors, consultants and correspondents to receive and evaluate critically advice received
- Liaising directly with Members in respect of all stages of the claim
- Mentoring and developing team members
The successful candidate will be a qualified solicitor and will have had substantial previous experience of practising maritime law in a law firm and/or in a P&I club or providing legal services in-house in an offshore energy company.
A qualified lawyer with previous experience of legal work in a private practice and experience of working in an international P&I club is desirable.
The successful candidate will have strong shipping law experience with an exceptional eye for detail and a flexible and a client focused approach.
In addition, you will have excellent communication skills, the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and be able to deal with conflicting agendas and meet deadlines.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Shipping Claims Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly