In House Counsel
Our client a leader in its sector is looking to recruit an In House Counsel to join its legal team , the role can be based in their Leeds office.
The key responsibilities for the role will include
- Involvement in the entire contracting process from RFP to contract signature;
- Review contractual terms and schedules including outsourcing agreements, service agreements, software agreements, procurement contracts and NDAs;
- Identify any areas of risks and mitigate these, at all times pursuing the company's commercial objectives;
- Negotiate contract terms with clients, lead on resolution of key contract issues;
- Clearly articulate contractual position against the preferred terms in contract sign-off reports;
- Build a good understanding of the business, service delivery, major contracts, key markets and customers.
- Maintain electronic contract database;
- Lead on any allocated internal projects, for instance, development of templates, regulatory projects;
- Champion adherence to data protection legislation and ensure compliance with applicable data privacy regulatory frameworks like GDPR;
- Proactively seek input of relevant functional teams, working collaboratively with stakeholder communities; achieve buy-in by stakeholders for the proposed course of action;
- Uphold and champion governance at all times, demonstrating high levels of personal integrity and behavioural competence;
- Provide reporting as required;
- Adhere to Commercial & Legal processes and other business processes and policies;
- Promote legal and commercial competence within the Business;
- Be a good ambassador for the Commercial & Legal community internally and externally;
- Build relationships with contacts at customer, partner and internal organisations.
- Legal qualification is essential
- Highly skilled commercial lawyer with sound commercial acumen;
- Good understanding of FCA Regulated products will be beneficial but is not essential
- Excellent knowledge of data protection legislation;
- A good understanding of commercial contracts is essential;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Self-starter, capable of working on your own initiative and personally effective.
The salary is market rate and there is some flexibility for home working. If you might be interested in this In House Counsel role or any other in house roles in the North please call Susan McNulty on 0113 2437730 / 0796 7751440.