Director, Sales (Opportunity for Corporate Lawyer to Transition to the Business Side of Law)
InCloudCounsel is seeking a Director to join the Sales team of our rapidly growing company as we change the way corporate legal services are delivered through technological innovation and a unique service platform. This is an extraordinary opportunity for the right corporate lawyer to transition into a unique business role that leverages the knowledge, expertise, and network you’ve acquired practising law.
You will help lead our efforts to add new clients in our core client industries, including asset management, investment banking, and real estate. Your focus will be to leverage the success we’ve already had in acquiring a large portfolio of marquee clients in the US and Europe to increase market share and propel the company to its next level of growth in Europe.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience working as a corporate lawyer at a leading law firm serving the financial services industry or equivalent experience practising in-house. Finance professionals in investment banking or private equity will also be considered, but must feel comfortable conversing about legal matters.
The role will report to the Vice President of Sales, with whom you will work to execute our sales strategy. The compensation package includes a competitive base salary, generous commissions, equity, and full benefits. The company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, and London; this position will be based in London.
- Meet and exceed defined sales targets
- Acquire new customers in each of the client industry verticals we serve
- Manage all stages of the sales process, including outreach to potential clients, responding to inbound inquiries, pitching, managing a pipeline, and closing deals
- Gather frontline feedback to assist in overall strategy and new product development
Skills & Requirements:
- Travel: Some travel to major financial centres for sales trips and conferences as well as several weeks spent in New York for onboarding
- Proactive: Desire and ability to work hard, learn new skills quickly, and operate independently with minimal oversight
- Executive presence: Ability to sell a complex product to demanding, highly sophisticated customers (i.e., senior internal lawyers, investment professionals, and investment bankers)
- Background in financial services: Knowledge of target industries, an existing network within these industries, and a demonstrated understanding of our clients’ businesses, industries, and needs
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Superior written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal and social skills
- Organization: Highly organised and process-driven
- Team player: Positive attitude; excited by the challenge of working in a fast-growing company to build an exceptional business
About: InCloudCounsel is a technology-enabled legal services company that negotiates and manages routine legal documents for hundreds of the world’s leading companies. Our solutions help to streamline our clients’ routine legal document processes, free up their internal resources, and save them money. We accomplish this by combining a curated, virtual network of highly experienced independent lawyers with a proprietary suite of cloud-based software tools.
As a company, we value learning, efficiency, creativity, high standards, persistence, and integrity. Outside of work, our team’s interests include music, sports, travel, craft beer, and spending time with family and friends.