Compliance Business Partner
Do you love investigating and assessing data breaches? Working on compliance, risk and governance? Well… I am working with a full service international law firm offering just that. Originating from Australia, Melbourne back in the 1930s when you weren’t even a thought. Since 2012, they have been the leading provider of expert consumer legal services in the UK and in that time have built up a credible reputation within the legal market.
They’re looking for a Compliance Business Partner, to join a well-established team made up of 8 lawyers providing advice on a wide range of commercial, corporate, data protection, regulatory and dispute resolution matters. You will be gaining exposure in all aspects of the business including the non-legal businesses.
If you would like to be a part of this journey of growth you might need the following:
• Commercially pragmatic
• Self-starter but with knowledge of own limits of experience and when to escalate
• Enjoys the challenge of handling a wide variety of matters
• Thriving in a dynamic and changing environment
• Travel to other offices in the UK if needed
• WANTS to work collaboratively as part of a team
As a Compliance Business Partner, you’re responsibilities will include:
• Investigating and assessing data breaches
• implementation of Data Protection controls throughout the Group
• On-boarding review of new suppliers and negotiating data protection clauses or agreements
• Supervision of a compliance officer dedicated to data protection compliance
• Drafting privacy policies/consent language in contracts and internal documentation;
• Drafting or reviewing Group policies, procedures and guidelines in relation to Data Protection and providing training sessions to personnel across the Business;
• Working with the Business to draft (and approve) legitimate interest assessment reports and data protection impact assessments; and
• Working closely with Project teams to ensure that data protection law is fully considered in the context of new systems, commercial relationships or marketing campaigns.
There is an opportunity for you to take on a more strategic role within the implementation of Data Protection compliance throughout the Group.
You can guarantee there will be a new hurdle every day! It is a challenging role so you must be self-motivated, able to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as supervise a compliance office. You will also have the option to travel which isn’t mandatory (but who doesn’t want to get out the office every now and then). If you would like a confidential chat then please contact Lewis Mitchell at Interlink recruitment.
You can view more opportunities on the Interlink website. Please note, our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.