In-house Intellectual Property Lawyer
A global organisation, with IP at the core of the business, is looking for an IP lawyer to advise on patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyright law across Europe.
As part of the global legal team, but working autonomously as the sole IP Lawyer in Europe on mainly non-contentious matters, you will be responsible for;
- Providing effective, concise, and timely advice to senior management on all IP matters, including patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyright law.
- Develop and implement IP strategies for key enterprises, products, and technologies.
- Active engagement and input on IP issues throughout product development processes
- Interacting with engineers and supervising outside counsel in preparing and prosecuting patent applications
- Monitoring third party patents and applications with regard to questions of infringement in order to address legal risks before products are brought to market
- Working with engineers to monitor competitor products and advising as to whether competitors infringe patents
- Reviewing and clearing IP related content for publication
The role would suit someone;
- With a UK practicing certificate and at least 5 years PQE (although we will consider candidates from other European jurisdictions)
- Adept at building relationships across organisations and comfortable in communicating effectively
- Experienced in a broad range of IP matters, either from an In-house or Private Practice background
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.